Privacy and Cookies
Please take a moment to read our Privacy and Cookies Policy so you know what choices you have about the information we may ask you for. This policy may change from time to time so it’s a good idea to come back and read through it again, from time to time. More detail is also held in our Policies and Reports page here – including our Internet and social media safety policy.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We’ll only use the information that we collect about you lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The type of information we’ll collect includes your name, address, phone number and email address. The personal information which we hold will be held securely.
How will The Music Works use the information they collect about me?
The Music Works will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that The Music Works may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- to contact you about a submission you have made to the websites, including any content you provide.
- to personalise the way The Music Works content is presented to you, IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and
- to analyse and improve the services offered on The Music Works’ website e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
- to enable us to review, develop and improve the products, services and special offers online.
- to occasionally carry out market research.
- to send you details of The Music Works promotions, products, services, special offers and rewards that we think will be of interest to you. It’s up to you to decide whether or not you want to receive this information.
- where The Music Works proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
If you’ve opted to receive information from us, we’ll use your details for this purpose. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent. We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing e-mail from us in the future. If you no longer wish to receive such information from The Music Works, please hit the unsubscribe link in our communications.
What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to The Music Works website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Can I find out what personal information The Music Works holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information The Music Works holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
Unfortunately, data transmission over the internet is not guaranteed to be 100% secure, but we do take appropriate steps to protect the security of your personal data.
Inaccuracies and Corrections
We make every effort to keep your personal data accurate and up-to-date. If you become aware of errors or inaccuracies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies and IP addresses.
An IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer (or other network device on the internet). We may use analysis software to look at IP addresses and cookies for the purpose of enhancing your user experience. This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you and any log files will be regularly purged.
Offensive or inappropriate content
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on The Music Works website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on a The Music Works website, The Music Works may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where The Music Works reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), The Music Works may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information you should write to The Music Works at the address below.
The Music Works
Box Hedge Cottage, Horsley
Gloucestershire GL6 0PP