Something big is happening in Gloucester this summer – and you (or if you’re an adult, the young people you care about) could be a part of it, performing live on stage in August. This summer, we’re running a stage in the centre of Gloucester as part of the SoMAC festival which is a great chance for young people in Gloucestershire to experience the thrill of live performance, and to build confidence as musicians and as people.
Tues 23, Weds 24, Thurs 25, Fri 26 August, from 11-12 for youth performances
(other performances happening until 4pm)
Who can be involved?
- you’ll need to have a piece/pieces of music that are performance-ready, you’ll probably have been rehearsing them for a few months
- it can be anything from one song to a 15 minute set, any genre or performance type (DJ’ing, singing, rapping, bands, playing an instrument …)
- if you’re under 18, we’ll need permission from an adult who’s responsible for you, for you to perform (if you’re a band, we’ll need the same for each of you)
- you’ll need to be available on one of the above dates, at those times
- you’ll work with music industry professionals who are highly experienced in working with young people and all approved by The Music Works.
Get in touch!
If you’re interested in being a part of this exciting summer event then please contact email@example.com as soon as possible. Please let him know:
- your name (and if you’re not the performer, your relationship to them)
- names of the performers and band/artist name
- if you’re a singer/DJ/instrumentalist
- a link to your music (audio or video) or attach it to the email
- what equipment you need
- how old the performers are
- if you have a preference for which day
- your contact telephone number
Limited places available so please contact us as soon as possible – otherwise we can’t guarantee a performance slot.
The Music Works Team