UPSURGE - Artist Development Programme
What does it involve?
They will gain:
- experience and skills in a professional music environment, creating and developing their own original music
- access to multiple recording and rehearsal studios
- knowledge of the business side of the industry, including help to protect their musical rights
- support and development, signposting and contacts to further their musical career path
- mentoring from music industry professionals
- networking & collaboration opportunities with different musicians, artists, engineers, producers from diverse backgrounds across the county
Who can take part?
What are the criteria?
Artists must come from a Music Works pre-existing programme(s) or have used our community studio facilities at some point (Studio340 Cheltenham, SoundSpace Cinderford, or Studio 2 Guildhall Gloucester)
- Be based in Gloucestershire
- Be unsigned to a record label (agent and management is fine)
- Be aged between 18 – 25
Other musicians or artists not selected on the programme can also benefit indirectly by working and collaborating with selected participants (i.e taking part in recording sessions, rehearsals, workshops, or performances curated by the selected musicians).